Back to Home
Back to Hosts
Ivan Hernandez Edit
Ivan Hernandez is the co-host of Boars, Gore and Swords. He is Cuban-American and single (a topic of much discussion). He is widely known as the "Sumatran Tiger's Milk of Comedy." Ivan makes a new joke/pun about book clubs at the beginning of every Book Club episode. Is able to rock out on the recorder!
Ivan is known for:
- Frequent discussion of his love life or lack thereof, including a clause in early episodes that all female listeners who left an iTunes review were agreeing to date Ivan
- Enthusiastic marijuana appreciation
- Being a decent cook: in one episode he makes a frittata for Red and the guest, and in other, he admits to baking while depressed
- Long, hyper digressions about comics and anime
- Creepy Alan Moore impressions
- Saying stuff is totally metal/singing metal riffs
- Grossing out listeners by overusing the word "pussy" and saying he would like to give various people "kisses" or "so many kisses" in a creepy voice
- making references to both Lovecraft's Cthulu Mythos Deities (e.g., Shub Niggurath, Azethoth) (aka the Old Gods) and characters from DC Comics' Jack Kirby's Fourth World (e.g., Highfather, Big Barda) (aka the New Gods), whenever the phrase "the old gods and the new" is encountered in either the Game of Thrones TV show or the books.