Back to Episode ListBack to WYSBW Episodes
Listen to it here! Edit
Episode Description: Edit
What You Should Be Watching - Steven Moffat/Matt Smith Doctor Who edition. Ivan and Red cover The Doctor, Tardises, Daleks, sweaty English heroes, deep-fried pizza, poor stranger danger policy, Douglas Adams, and more!
Intro Clip: Edit
"By the way, you lost a lot of listeners by mentioning Basketball." - Ivan
Show Notes: Edit
- Red Add's a Drinking Game Rule!
- This episode is a feature episode, "Boars, Gore and Swords: After Dark"
- Maeby makes an appearance!
- Red starts early insulting the mythos of "Dr. Who" and doesn't really let up all that much throughout the entire episode.
- Ivan provides the revelation that there are A LOT of attractive women who are all about "Dr. Who". (Not so much for Star Trek)
- Ivan continually shepherds Red through the "Dr. Who" universe.
- Red makes some recommendations about Vernor Vinge books.
- Creating characters just to dump in fiction is Bull Shit!
- A discussion about a kiss-a-gram and whether or not she is a meth prostitute.
- Red gives a ginger pride speech! Which culminates in Christina Hendrix being called "The Baddest Bitch in the Game".
- Song parody with the Benny Hill as Dr. Who digression.
- Red's wedding was great Ivan came in costume!
"THAT IS PREJUDICED. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?" - Ivan (as a Dalek)
"Yeah, when they showed up with angel dust I did not know what was going on." - Red
"The entire BBC special effects factory is a Comodore 64." - Ivan
"Him pale and wet, like the typical English hero." - Ivan
"Prisoner 0 is some pretty serious shit." - Red
"I give you a kiss you give me a fucking gram." - Red