Back to Episode ListBack to Book Club Episodes
Listen to it here! Edit
Episode Description: Edit
I and R cover pp 741-771 (Sansa, Daenerys, Tyrion). They discuss The Darkness, Red conveys a half remembered NPR story about the missing Apollo 11 tapes, Ser Marc Meryn, Joffrey the pick-up artist, Daenerys the Enthusiastic and Determined, Mirri Maz Duur gets real, the biggest beard since Gandalf, and book Tyrion and TV Tyrion become one. Next week we cover THE REST OF THE BOOK AKA pp 772-807 (Jon, Cat, Daenerys).
Intro Clip: Edit
"I...I don't want to marry you. You chopped off my fathers head. Same old complaint every woman has!" - Ivan
Show Notes: Edit
- The deliciousness of these chapters and brownies are discussed up front. Including how Red became "silver tongued"
- Tons of international reviews help push the reviews not quite ahead of the competition! Ivan admits that the rival podcasts "prize" is pretty good and can understand why people are participating.
- The Official Boars, Gore and Swords Review is given: "Hey, Boars, Gore and Swords is a great podcast! I love this podcast it is probably my favorite podcast! Except for... No it's this podcast. Every podcast is a shit podcast compared to this podcast. I really really enjoy this podcast and also think you would enjoy it as well. GAME OF THRONES! End of Review."
- Red tells tales of a 4k resolution moon landing recording that he heard about on NPR.
- They discuss the Hounds "Baby Face" turn and how it came out of nowhere!
- Ivan finds metal things to discuss!
- Maeby makes an appearance!
- Some more song parody's!
- Chekhov Items are discussed!
"This is how rich I am Ivan, when I ... when I make brownies...I make I them fresh. I just eat it with a spoon out of the plate and when it gets to room temperature I THROW IT AWAY!" - Red
"What kills your father makes you stronger." - Red
"Why don't you push your feelings down into your tiny little body for a minuet." - Red