Back to Episode ListBack to Book Club Episodes
Listen to it here! Edit
Episode Description: Edit
This week Ivan & Red are all over 523-567 (Eddard, Arya, Sansa, Jon). They discuss Cantonese vs Mandarin, remembering to follow "the right of the game", Ivan drops a string of impressive sounding bands, Stark learns he lacks the upper hand, Syrio is WAY more badass in text, Sansa sets new records for obliviousness, and Jon… kicks… Thorne… in… the… soup. Next week we cover pp 568-617 (Bran, Daenerys, Catelyn, and Tyrion).
Intro Clip: Edit
"The Queen wore a gown of sea-green silk trimmed with myrish lace as pale as foam. On her finger was a golden ring with an emerald the size of a pigeon's egg. On her head a matching tiara...... So clearly in mourning." - Red
Show Notes: Edit
- The guys go across the street to grab some food!
- The guys debate the practicality of watching movie trailers, where upon Red gives us a glimpse into his love of Pixar movies!
- A new Drinking Game Rule is added!
- Ivan and Red make some great recommendations this week.
- Ivan decides that if he doesn't have a good prediction he is going to make off the wall predictions.
- There is a discussion of the utility of unnamed "red shirts" as fodder in Railroads meat-grinder.
- The show "Thrones" (Game of Thrones with an all Black cast) is discussed again.
- Ivan and Red establish their "Homosexual Kinsey Scale" with Khal Drogo coming in at a 0, Zachary Quinto is a 5, and Liberace being the max at a 10.
"My words lie, but my dick was shouting out the truth!" - Ivan
"What if koala's in Westeros are bad mother fuckers?" - Ivan
"I thought it was weird when you walked in eating a quiche at 3 p.m.." - Red
"Oh the soup bowl, because then they don't have soup." - Ivan
"Uhhh Yeah there are going to be some causalities..." - Red