Back to Episode ListBack to Book Club Episodes
Listen to it here! Edit
Episode Description: Edit
Ivan and Red are joined by friend of the show Kelly Anneken in covering pp 385-430 (Daenerys, Bran, Tyrion, and Eddard). We cover six-breasted statues, John Carter, sweeping stables with 10,000 brooms, A People's History of Westeros, Eskimo Bloodriders, anachronistic sluts, the Dothraki General Sherman, The Smoking Pole and much more. Listening to this podcast is an implicit contractual agreement to any and all business ideas expressed herein(jk). Next week we cover pp 431-479 (Catelyn, Jon, Tyrion, Eddard, Sansa)
Intro Clip: Edit
"I AM FORTY MINUETS INTO THIS PILOT EPISODE AND I DON'T HAVE AN ERECTION!" - Red
Show Notes: Edit
- The guys are joined by official friend of the show herself Kelly Anneken joins the men discussing this masterpiece of literature.
- We learn Maeby hates Nazi's because she is Jewish.
- The guys discuss body image issues for themselves and Railroad.
- They discuss the world of mythical creatures and the Shadow-lands of Asai
- Sister trading 101 with Viserys.
- Very specific furry statues are fetishes are discussed.
- The guys imagine Viserys as a used car salesman the "cart-king"
- The use of Railroads anachronistic terms are discussed at length.
"That man dresses like low rent Dr. Who." - Ivan
"Your suggesting that most of her pillow-tricks ended with *TA DA*!" - Red
"Hey, you have very attractive body fat." - Ivan (to Kelly)
"Later on in the chapter he [Viserys] calls her [Daenerys] a stank ho." - Ivan
"he has probably carved his fucking initials on the back of Jory's skull." - Red